Thursday 2 May 2013

Welcome!

Hi let me introduce myself I'm Tyler and I fucking love Metal. I'm still in my teens and I have much to learn in the world that is Metal, but I am a Metal Head through and through. I listen to everything from Heavy Metal to Death Metal to Progressive Metal, I mainly listen to Death Metal and it's subgenres (Tech Death, Melodic Death, Brutal/Slam, Deathcore, Deathgrind etc.) and Progressive Metal. My favourite bands are Opeth, Metallica (the band that started it all for me), Decapitated, System Of A Down, Necrophagist, Meshuggah and Korn.

I'll be making 2 blogs a week MINIMUM, my blogs will consist of music, opinions, anecdotes, rants and other random shit.

To kick it off I'd like to show you guys the most important songs in my Metal journey!

Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj75Arhq5ho

I found this song when my Mum played it and I was intrigued so I asked her for more songs and she lead me to the website Grooveshark.com where I found Metallica's gold. I loved every single album of there's from Kill 'Em All to Death Magnetic.
Funny story I was exposed to Metallica when I was younger when me and my two brothers stumbled across St. Anger in my Dads CD collection (A mate of his gave it to him) when I was about 6-7 years old. We put it in the stereo and just ran around our living room making a mess and wrestling like maniacs. We never read the cover of the album so we forgot who made it leading to the time years later when I fell in love with 'Tallica. One day we had to 'dispose' of the CD when my Dad had a skits at us but this is  a story for another time...

Bad Company by Five Finger Death Punch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_VsvZmIWxY

While on Grooveshark.com I stumbled across this band when it was recommended to me after listening to tonnes of Metallica. Needless to say I fell in love instantly and this solidified my growing love for Metal and Hard Rock.

There were plenty of other bands that were heavily influential to me like Disturbed, System Of A Down, KoRn, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Nirvana etc. There was one song that brought me closer to Death Metal....

Pounded Into Dust by Cannibal Corpse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3D194Zs6NM

I found this song after searching around for the most heavy and brutal music, I didn't like Death Growls and other harsh vocals except for some screams. I loved the crushing riffs and drumming and I LIVED for the 'Pounded Into DUUUUST!!!' line.

Stabwound by Necrophagist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9RJXWxth5g

I have listened to this song more than any other song, more than 'Holy Diver', 'One', 'The Bleeding', 'BYOB', 'Got The Life' and any other song. I discovered shortly after finding Cannibal Corpse, I loved the instrumentals so much and at that time when I couldn't stand the vocals it was awesome because it had only a small amount of growling and a shit tonne of awesome technicality.

Got The Life by Korn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAWjsVoDpm0

I found this song when I was grabbing songs for my iPod out of my Mums music library and this song was on there. Ughhhhhhhhh God I love this song and Korn so much!!!!! Nu Metal is one of my favourite genres.

Ghost Of Perdition by Opeth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk6Q4FpW-sY

This is the most important song to me purely for the fact that it introduced me to Opeth. Opeth is the band that truly got me into Death Metal and Progressive music. Ghost Reveries was also the first album I had ever bought and I still love it to this day. The song has a perfect mixture of Death Metal and Prog, the soothing passages and heavy passages with clean vocals are what got me into the song and shortly after I started loving the Growls that Mikael Akerfeldt produced with his godly voice.

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment